Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

The New York area apparently has not had access to cable television or internet access for the past four years. They just hired Bill Callahan as an assistant head coach, in charge of their offensive line and running game. I'm pretty sure if they would've had TV, internet, or radio and witnessed how he coached the Huskers this year, they would've thought twice about hiring him.

Jets coach Eric Mangini was quoted as saying, "Bill brings valuable experience as an assistant coach and head coach on both the college and NFL levels." Mangini was later seen talking gibberish and wondering around incoherently.

To Callahan's credit, he did appear in the Super Bowl in 2002. He was the head coach at the Oakland Raiders at this time. Callahan's Raiders lost to the Bucs in this Super Bowl. Now, I'm not a huge Jets fan, but I'm guessing that BC won't be leading the Jets to a Super Bowl appearance anytime soon, especially with Pennington at quarterback. Here is the info on ESPN.

How do you think Callahan will fit at the Jets? Is the NFL a better place for him, versus the college arena?

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Being an assistant coach is a good fit for him. Because as a head coach, he can't surround himself with a competent staff. He can get the job done offensively.

I have never been a Jets fan, so doesn't matter if they are competitive or not. Just glad that the Pederson/Callahan/Cosgrove circus has left Nebraska.
It wasn't necessarily his offense that was bad. I think it was more of his Corporate approach that didn't work. I certainly don't think he was a bad guy. Believe it or not our offense was like 11th in the country. Whatever the reason it didn't work for Nebraska football so we move on. I certainly don't wish any ill will upon him (as long as he isn't coaching our team).
I've always said that he would be a great offensive coordinator. He was good with the Raiders before becoming head coach. He just has that Napolean complex that when given the authority over all, it goes to his head. Having an AD like Pedersen just added to the arrogance.
With the Jets, he isn't going to a winning team. Mangenious won't allow him to run the team, so I think his creative thinking may do them some good on the field.

Hell, if they can get Pennington out of the lineup, he may get them to the playoffs!
Go Jets!

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service