Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

I just read it and was kinda bored until I got to the end. I think this is a really nice
article now. What do you think?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did some quick math on the Patriots' first-team offense over the past nine possessions, going back to the fourth quarter of the Colts' game, and not including their final possession in Indy, when they were trying to run out the clock and not trying to score. (New England had its bye last week.) The incredible numbers:

Possessions: 9
Touchdowns: 9
Quarters played: 4
Tom Brady touchdown passes: 7
Tom Brady passing yards: 504
Yards per drive: 65.9
Time per drive: 3:21

Hide the women and children. And Eagles and Ravens. All I can equate this to is Oklahoma and Nebraska under Barry Switzer and Tom Osborne. They'd win eight games every year by 45, then play two or three close ones. We've never seen anything like this in the NFL because there's never been anything like this in the NFL.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There definitely hasn't been anything like this in the NFL, but we could see it again next year. With the unbelievable talent that the Pats have, I have no doubt that they will remain a monstrous power for the foreseeable future. I think it would be great to see them go undefeated for 2 consecutive years. Keep the people that they have and it could happen.

RSS

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service