Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

I was just wondering, with all this talk of coaching changes, and with the inevitable decision of Tom Osborne approaching, if I was the AD and could hire all of the coaches, who would I hire?

Here's my list, feel free to submit your own:

Head Coach: Bo Pelini
Co-Off. Coordinator Running Backs: Tom Rathman
Co-Off. Coordinator / QBs: Shawn Watson
O-Line Coach: ????
Receivers Coach: Ted Gilmore

Defensive Coordinator / LB Coach: Kevin Steele
Defensive Tackle Coach: Toby Williams
Defensive Ends Coach: Jimmy Williams
Safeties Coach: Scott Frost
Cornerback Coach: Jimmy Burrow

Although this staff is unrealistic, I did attempt to keep it somewhat real by not having Gill and Pelini both on the same staff, since the head coach may be one or the other.

With the rumor that Lloyd Carr is stepping down at Michigan, our window of opportunity may have gotten smaller if Osborne wants to hire Pelini. If Carr steps down, Les Miles would be Michigan's number one target, being a former Michigan player. That would leave LSU possibly wanting to promote Bo Pelini to head coach. Would Pelini take the Nebraska job if he was also offered the LSU job?

As you'll notice, I could not think of an offensive line coach. Any thoughts? Your list doesn't have to be coaches with Nebraska ties, such as mine. I did this simply for fun.

Keep the faith.

GBR

Tags: coach, football, gill, husker, pelini

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't know of any free O-line coaches, but am glad to see that you don't have Turner Gill on the coaching list. He was a great asset to Osborne, but I just don't think that he can handle the pressure that would be on him here now.]

Bo has been thru the wringer here and if Miles goes to Michigan, I would count on him staying on at LSU. I did have someone close to the program tell me that there Have been several calls to Louisiana in the past few weeks.
Bo is going to be the guy. I imagine the papers are signed already, especially since that Michigan rumor is out there. It will be up to him or whoever the HC is to fill the other slots. Nebraska blood or not, I want the best guy. You can be a successful, smart football coach and NOT have a Husker background so let's all keep an open mind when the announcement is made.

I was on Callahans side two weeks ago but he is acting like he either A) doesn't want the job, or B) has been told he is not going to keep the job. If he truely wanted to come back neither he nor his agent would be acting like they have been.
Barnie Cotton is still available as an offensive line coach. I'd keep Rudolph as a tight end coach.

KD

RSS

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here

Members

Great Husker Deals

2014 Nebraska Cornhuskers Football Riddell Alternate Mini Helmet

$65.00
End Date: Saturday Sep-27-2014 20:22:35 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $65.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

1962 Nebraska Football LP Record Album Bob Devaney First Year - RARE

$29.99
End Date: Saturday Sep-27-2014 17:43:34 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $29.99

2014 Nebraska Football Seniors Schedule Poster 32" x 22"

$9.99
End Date: Sunday Sep-7-2014 15:27:58 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $9.99

Nebraska Cornhuskers Booker 1997 College Football National Championship Ring

$49.99
End Date: Saturday Sep-27-2014 7:00:30 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $49.99

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Badge

Loading…

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2014   Created by NeFan4Life.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service