Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Steve Pederson Fired - Nebraska Athletic Director is Canned!

Press release at 2:15pm today..... Steve Pederson has been fired from his Nebraska Athletic Director position! Some are saying this is one of the greatest days of Husker football!

Updates are coming - but rumor has it now that Tom Osborne will step in as interim Athletic Director and have Dave Remington as his wing-man. Osborne will be the interim Athletic Director for three to four years, them Dave Remington will take over.

There is an official press conference today at 4p.m. where Chancellor Harvey Perlman will announce Steve Pederson's termination.

Check back on HuskerSpot.com for all the latest developments in Husker Football!

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's confirmed that Steve Pederson has been fired. No other coaching changes were announced at Harvey Perlman's 4 pm press conference. Bill Callahan looks to be the next possible Husker staff change though....
Yep a 1.5 million dollar buyout. I'm so happy though, ITS A GREAT DAY TO BE A HUSKER!

Update, the decision to fire Steve Pederson was actually made last Thursday, according to 1420 AM.
Today is the day the program begins it rebuilding process.
The first steps to return to the powerhouse team we once were. Hopefully more changes will be made.
That's a lot to take in. Hopefully TO will step up to the job.
This is a start. I listened to an interview with Clinton Childs this evening and he was saying that under Peterson and Callahan former players were not allowed on the sideline. It’s time to bring some integrity back into our program. I really hope T.O. decides to help. However, I would understand if he does not want to be a part of this mess.
I'm so glad that Pederson got fired. I agree with everyone here that this is overdue, and the start of returning the Huskers back on the right track.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Coming Soon to Husker Spot!

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service