Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Best college player of all time? Frazier or Young?

Who do you think is the best college football player of all time - Tommie Frazier from the Huskers or Vince Young from Texas?
Blair Kerkhoff from the Kansas City star poses this question.

I'm gonna say Frazier, but maybe thats because I'm a Huge Husker fan:) Young would definitely be a close second, though.

You can read the full Frazier-Young article here.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whoa...Tommy Frazier the greatest of all time? That is a pretty hard thing to prove. The writer is trying to say he took a not-so-talented team and turned them into a national champion single handedly.

I certainly think he was better than Vince Young although one could confuse the two if you consider the National Championship game against USC two years ago.

Man....there have been so many heroic performances in college football history. My head is spinning.
I'm not sure it's really hard to disprove. Vince young was an excellent player, but I think there are some better than him throwing wise, Charlie Ward for example. This is a really tough subject really. Statistically Young is the better of the two QB's mentioned, however, Touch Down wise it's Fraizer hands down.

Young passing= 296 of 468 (63.2%), 4,191 yards, 32 TD, 17 INT
Frazier passing= 250 of 509 (49.1%), 4,003 yards, 47 TD, 18 INT
Ward passing= 473 of 759 (62.3%), 5,747 yards, 49 TD, 22 INT

Young rushing= 282 carries, 1,991 yards (7.1 ypc), 23 TD's
Frazier rushing= 386 carries, 2,263 yards (5.9 ypc), 36 TD's
Ward rushing= 172 carries, 889 yards (5.2 ypc), 10 TD
ESPN is actually doing a weekly breakdown of this. They featured Johnny Rogers recently at twentysomething in the ratings. Archie Griffen, who won two Heismans was last week.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
247 Podcasts click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service