Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Nebraska vs. Missouri 2008 - Predictions and Keys to Winning

Well, we lost a close one to VA Tech yesterday, but that is in the past. The Huskers are going to have to bring their "A" game if they expect to pull off an upset against the ranked Missouri Tigers.

If we can keep this game close, cut down on turnovers, and establish some sort of running game - we might have a shot. We are going to have to stop Chase Daniel from destroying us, too. For my score prediction (I'm being realistic here), I think:

Nebraska: 21
Missouri: 35

What are everybody else's score predictions? What do we have to do to keep this close, and possibly pull off an upset??

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have to bring the defense! I dont think they showed up last night. VT appeared to move the ball at will. And the offense should take more chances with the big plays. Dont play too conservatively. Watch those penalities and turnovers! If we can score the first time we get the ball, it will set the tone of the game. But if the Tigers come out and score immediately, we're screwed! Id like to predict an upset, but Im not even going to go there, because I just dont know. It's like my dear ole Dad used to say, "On any given day, any team can beat any other team". With that mindset, Im just going to say Missouri better watch out, cause the Husker arent dead in the water! We're not hiding our heads after the loss last night. It wont be an easy win if Missouri is thinking that. We wanted competition to see just where we're at, and we got it. Now we know what we have to do...GO BIG RED!
I really thought the defense showed up, but towards the middle to end they fell asleep. Nate was a ball of fire at the end too, I think that punt return was what woke everyone up. Ganz just didn't seem to be there, I read that either he or Watson has gone to Osborne to learn the triple option that showed up so many times in our winning pass...if they could get that down that would be an asset. But my best advice is to PRAY THE BIG RED SLEEPING GIANT ....WAKES UP!

GO BIG RED
NE 39 MO 31
My thought is that Nebraska will come out of this loss to win big over Missouri. I really don't think they were there yesterday to play, they are waiting for next weekend against Missouri.

Nebraska 28
Missouri 14

GO BIG RED!!!
VA Tech was a lot better than we thought. Everybody has good days and bad days, however. Put another minute back on the clock, and the odds are very high that NU would have won. But too many three-and-outs resulted in a defense that wore out too soon. However, tired or not, they never quit. That says a lot about how this team has developed in terms of motivation and damage control left over from last year. I like what Pelini and his staff is doing with these guys, and I believe the team will rise to the challenge. I think NU can pull off an upset here at home. It won't be pretty. In fact, it might get pretty ugly. But at home, I like NU's chances. NU 31 MU 28
Big Red better bring their A game is an understatement, as much as I think Chase Daniels is over rated, Missouri does have some awesome receivers that will be hard to contain. Missouri's defense can be burned so I think if the Huskers can exploit the holes in their defense they may have a shot. That being said I predict two things

If Nebraska's defense shows up
Nebraska - 34
Missouri - 28

If Nebraska's Defense is asleep
Nebraska - 21
Missouri - 42
I think NU will continue to improve but still not in the league of powerhouse MO.

MO 31
NU 17
wow....im kind of at a loss, they did play well and yes had there been another min or so, it would have been 37 - 35...But i agree i think they were looking forward, VT didnt look that well across the board. and of course we had some stupid penalties....BO you gotta chill on the side lines.... HMM next week is the next question...The D needs to show up and in a big way, Daniels is gonna throw and throw alot, the pressure needs to get to him so he makes mistakes.

HUSKERS 27
MIZZOU 24

LAST MIN FG WINS IT FOR US
We need man to man coverage, secondary is going to have to step up big against Missouri and we need to come out fundamentally sound, the first quarter of the VaTech and San Jose State game were bad, poor tackling missed blocks. I think the team tends to have a little to much excitement, they need to ground themselves and set a good rythmn right away, when we play better teams this will kill us everytime
Ok, so the Tigers are rated in the top 5. BIG DEAL! Who have they played????? Only one team in the top 25, and that was Illinois. BIG DEAL!! They're coming into OUR house, and they havent won here in how many years?!?! And theyre not gonna win this year either! BIG RED RULES THE HOUSE!
1. Bust Chase Daniel a few times. Make him hurt and think twice about taking off downfield. I want to see Potter, Glenn, and Suh drool like a pit bull does to a steak when they see Daniel.

2. Run the ball. Keep Chase on the bench and control the clock. Use the run threat to free up Swift and Co. on the downfield routs.

3. Kicking game play will be huge. No blocked punts and contain the return threat. Play the field position game and give Henery chances to make key field goals. Every chance we have in the red zone, we need to come away with points, either 3 or 6.

4. No mental mistakes. Penalties and missed assignments will kill us.
Does anyone know who was the first nebraska football walk-on? I am doing a report over the walk-in program and i cant find who it was anywhere. and what coach was running the program when the walk on program started? it was in 1890 i believe the first season and i dont know if they had a walk-on program or if that was all it was because they didnt recruit at all back then.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service