Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

I have been trying to find out what was up with Kansas wearing red uniforms in the Orange Bowl. did they do this in any other games this season? I know their uniforms have emulated the NY Giants for years so maybe they realized they shouldn't associate with the perinial losers, and go with a color with a winning tradition.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have no clue, but they were the ugliest uniforms--second only to Oregon.
the giants wore the same combination of the red jerseys a couple games throughout the 2007-08 year....the giants have made the playoffs the past couple years and just won their first playoff game this year
An excerpt from the Lawrence Journal-World:

"Kansas donned the red jerseys at Thursday’s Orange Bowl, a surprise twist for perhaps KU’s most visible game in school history. The Jayhawks, knowing Virginia Tech was wearing whites, packed both the traditional home blue and the alternate home reds for the trip. KU coach Mark Mangino said the team didn’t know about the decision to wear the reds until showing up in the locker room Thursday.

With the victory, the Jayhawks are now 6-0 wearing red since the jersey was introduced in 2005."

**** End Quote ****

As a practice, KU has used the red jerseys on the QB as a "don't touch me" color (sort of like Nebraska's green shirt) for practice. But then in 2005 they made them for the whole team as an alternate "home" color, the choice of which apparently to be decided prior to game time.

But, no matter the color, a Jayhawk is still a Jayhawk, a bird to be throttled and stuffed whenever possible. The upside is that Nebraska's "strength of schedule" rating is about to take a huge jump.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
247 Podcasts click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Throw the Bones T-shirts supporting the Goodfellows Charity Click here

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service