Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

I personally think he needs another year in college due to his inconsistancy, size, and mentality. Give him another year to beef up 10 more pounds, work on reading holes better, and to develop his blocking and I think he could be ready and great. What are your thoughts?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I personally don't see him playing in the NFL. He has good hands, and decent speed, but he can't run up the middle to save his life. If he can get an edge he does alright, but as soon as he gets a hand on him running up the gut, he folds. I think his draft stock will be pretty low and expect him back next fall.
Although I agree that Lucky is not NFL ready, I feel he is not ready for differing reasons. First, this year's draft is very deep for the running back position. Lucky would be "lucky" to be better than a fifth round pick. This year is a very deep running back class, one of the reasons Jackson decided to leave last year, when his draft stock would be higher than staying for this year's class.

Lucky will be a fine NFL prospect, especially if he comes back next year. Another year in college will see his draft stock rise dramatically if he can develop an ability to run the middle as Shayne already commented. A year working with the new staff, with possibly a better running back's coach could help in this area. His weakness is not power running, but is his ability to read the hole. He seems to run better on outside runs, but can run the middle on zone stretch plays where an obvious cut back lane is produced. He does tend to out run his blocks on the edge, which is one of the reasons he can't run the power middle. He does not possess the patience to wait for his blocks. Part of this is coaching, as Green Bay had similar complaints of Brandon Jackson early this season.

Lucky will be a good NFL player, but if he wants to be a starter in the NFL he must return and develop his weaknesses into strengths. Currently Lucky would be a third down back only, not a bad thing as Correll Buckhalter has had a fine career (except injury problems) in this capacity. Lucky could develop into a very dangerous all-purpose back with his ability to catch the ball out of the back field. He'll never be Marshall Faulk, but his abilities are definitely in that mold.

Whatever Lucky decides, good luck to him, but I sure hope he decides to stay another year, for his sake, and for the sake of the Huskers. Lucky, stay another year and become a first day pick.

Keep the Faith

GBR
I doubt he can make it in the NFL. Only reason he got playing time this year is that Brandon Jackson went to the NFL as a junior, otherwise it would have been Jackson with the 1000 yards rushing and 75 catches.
I don't think lucky is ready yet either. He does need to stay and beef up. One of the things that really hurt our program last year was Dave Kennedy. The players were not physical on either side of the ball. True, BC was not much of a motivator, but the team as a whole just flat out did not play physically. With a good S & C staff, Lucky could get the type of training he needs to excel at the next level. First he needs to exceed at this level, beef up, and work on his power and agility.
If he were to enter the draft this year i really dont think that his stock in the draft would be that high hes good a reciving the ball but for him to become better he needs to work on his field vision and work on setting up blocks so the one more year of college ball would be good for him

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
247 Podcasts click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service