Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Rivals.com posted that Ben Cotton has decided to come to NU next season becuase Barney is also being brought back. What do people think about Bringing back Barney?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that Barney will be a great addition to the staff. Watson will be able to handle the offense that much better if he has good offensive line play. That was a strength of the teams that Solich had.

Don't know much about Ben, other than the fact that he is a Big kid.
Barney is a fine coach and will be a great addition to Bo's staff. Ben is one of the top high school prospects in Iowa.
Barney did a good job with the offensive line in his only year as NU's line coach and offensive coordinator. What I'm most impressed with though is the job he did at Iowa State as the line coach and coordinator. One of the reasons I have always wondered what would have happened if Solich and the staff would have been given another year. Iowa State had a very explosive but balanced offense while at Iowa State.

Barney will help bring back a more physical style of play, which is of importance. The key will be the chemistry of the offensive staff. Personally, I think Watson and Cotton think the same way. A physical run game, balanced by a efficient passing game. Compare Watson's years as the Colorado offensive coordinator to Cotton's years as the Iowa State coordinator. I like the combination.

Don't know much about Ben, but tight end is an area of need.

Welcome aboard Barney and Ben.

Keep the Faith

GBR
It will be interesting to see where Watson and Cotton are placed. They can't both be Offensive Coordinators. Watson knows the current offense, but Cotton would certainly add a more intense, physical dimension. Hopefully there won't be a clash of egos or pride.
From the way it sounds, Watson will stay OC and Cotton will be the OLine coach (with secondary areas as well).
With any luck all personalities will mesh and we will get off to a running start next spring.
I like Barney Cotton on the Offensive Line because he is a very vocal emotional & passionate leader and he mixes very well with the other coaches. He has a very good work ethic & will be getting the finishing touches on the offensive line that is very talented. I highly doubt we will be seeing much if any sacks given up next year.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
247 Podcasts click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Throw the Bones T-shirts supporting the Goodfellows Charity Click here

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service