Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

I am not really sure where the term of Husker Nation came from or who started it, but if it was brought here by Callahan and his band of clowns, the term needs to be put to rest.

Can anyone clarify this?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I first heard the tearm on the radio as an announcer spoke of the fans. I'm pretty sure that it has been around for longer than the BC era, so I think we can keep it. A lot of schools use the ... Nation in their broadcasts.
I agree with Shayne that it has been around awhile, although I do believe that its popularity rose during Steve Pederson's tenure and Callahan's Husker Nation Tour.

I say we keep it, I don't associate the term with Pederson or Callahan.

Keep the Faith

GBR
I truly believe that the term "Husker Nation" has been around since the late devaney or early osbourne era.....Someone correct me if im wrong, but i believe around that time, Nebraska fans were well established in the Big 6 then 8 as one of the best traveling group of fans. In recent years Husker Nation has been popularized through different national media sources. I think its reached its height in popularity becuase during the decline of husker dominance the past couple years the media noticed that through the thick and the thin "Husker Nation" still follows their team throughout the country religiously
The first time I heard it was during the Solich era from a friend of mine who is a Washington State University alum when he introduced me to his derelict Wazzu pals. BC had nothing to do with it. Hey, at last BC got rid of that stupid uniform change Pederson introduced. In fact I think I am ready to simplify the jerseys even more by getting rid of the stripes on the sleaves. A little more retro look with no names. No names until they start playing like a team again.
The stupid uniform change occurred in 2002. In 2003, the uniforms went back to what we see today. We cannot allow wearing of the all-white road uniforms. Not only does it look silly, we usually lose those games while playing in all whites.

It was pretty cool to see the all red uniforms in the 1986 Oklahoma game. Unfortunately, we lost that game.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Click here for the latest show!

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service