Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

ESPN just announced that Bo Pelini has agreed to become the next football coach. I am sure that fans across Husker Nation will rejoice in knowing that no matter what happens next, our defense will rock!

I still won't quite buy into the statement until TO makes it official, but apparently all of the radio stations in the Tri-City area broke into the B-Ball games to make the announcement as well. So there must be some credibility to this.

Tags: Coach, Football, Husker, Pelini

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yup, just heard this too - Bo Pelini as the next Husker coach!
Here's a link to the ESPN article here.
I certainly hope Bo is the choice. I think lots of people would feel better. But all the reports always make me wonder who are the "unamed sources"? Apparently the people who might know something are talking an awful lot.... which wouldn't make me very happy if I were TO. But then again, I kind of wonder sometimes if they "leak" the info themselves to gauge reactions. I dunno, but its the best new drama around!
I don't think we should assume that Bo will tack the job until TOM says so ....
If this came from any other source other than ESPN, I would tend to believe it to be true. Especially since a couple days ago, ESPN reported that Bo was out of the running. I hope Bo is the next coach.
Tom Osborne has said no announcement has been made, and that Pelini's selection is just a rumour.

He also said he's not interviewing any other candidates.

Pelini will be coaching the LSU Tigers today in the SEC championship. Speculation: Osborne has delayed any announcement in order to avoid distracting the Tigers in the quest to win this game. Had he selected Gill or Grobe, no such delay would have been needed. Because a delay was needed, Osborne has instead moved to save the recruiting class.

I'm guessing that somebody leaked, probably a recruit, during the course of a conversation with another school. It's not difficult to imagine how this might happen.

Bottom line is, we've heard nothing until Tom Osborne says so...but Pelini is probably the choice.
I'd say it is about 90% sure bet that Bo will be announced as the new coach on Sunday or Mon day. Something this big is just too hard to keep everyone from spilling the beans. Look for a 7 to 9 win season next year with Bo at the helm if we don't have too many injuries to key personnel.
JUST A SUGGESTION IF HAVENT READ THIS YOU SHOULD

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&KEY=&...

RSS

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here

Members

Great Husker Deals

Vintage 1994 NEBRASKA HUSKERS FOOTBALL T-shirt L LARGE LOGO 7 USA

$14.99
End Date: Sunday Sep-28-2014 14:19:53 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $14.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS COLOSSEUM ATHLETICS XLG FOOTBALL JERSEY NEW W/ TAGS !!!

$24.99
End Date: Sunday Sep-28-2014 12:05:08 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $24.99

Big 12 Championship Watch

$300.00 (0 Bids)
End Date: Friday Aug-29-2014 20:45:07 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list

2014 Nebraska Cornhuskers Football Riddell Alternate Mini Helmet

$65.00
End Date: Saturday Sep-27-2014 20:22:35 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $65.00

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Badge

Loading…

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2014   Created by NeFan4Life.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service