Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

It seems that Osborne is having a tremendous affect on the recruiting trail, visiting several recruits in the Omaha area, plus a trip to Texarkana. Can Osborne truly have an impact on this year's recruiting class without a head coach being named?

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How do you know he is having a "tremendous impact"?

I want him to name a coach, first and foremost, not recruit. Once that is done then yes recruiting can only be helped but these kids need to know who he is. The Nebraska kids probably do but it might be interesting to see if the other kids do.

I just find it strange that at this stage in the interviewing and search for a new coach that he went recruiting. This is getting weird.
The fact that Osborne is out recruiting should let you know that a decision is probably already made on the next coach, but an announcement can't be made because that coach has an upcoming game this weekend.

The "tremendous impact" that Osborne has on the recruits is simple. NU gets additional in-home visits, since Osborne can visit these kids, letting the kids know that NU is still interested, calming them that a decision will come soon. The new head coach can than return to visit these kids shortly after he is hired. In actuality, this can give NU an advantage, especially to the Nebraska kids, over other schools. That is a tremendous impact by my definition.

Keep the Faith

GBR
I AGREE TOTALLY. VERY WELL PUT

BLACKSHIRTSFOREVER
i agree with patricia very well put
I think Osborne, walking into someones house, will definitley benefit the parents of their son. Most of these kids dont remember 1997 championship but their parents do! I think Tom wouldnt go out and recruit if he didnt have a coach for next year. I think this is a hint that Bo is in after the SEC championship. If Tom can get Trevor Robinson out of Elkhorn to sign, thats a successful Interim HC. GBR!
I really disagree with you Randy. If TO already has his mind made up, then recruiting is the most important! What good is a coach if we can't get the players? I seen on the news last night that TO went to Central (?) and talked to a young man, he looked like he was so excited to have met and talked to TO. That, my friends, is an advantage! Any kid that is from here may not remember the games in the 90's but they sure know who Osborne is!!
not sure what I said that you disagree with. I was merely asking a question. And Brad is right, since he is recruiting a decision must have been made and since Bo is the only serious candidate who is coaching this weekend, he is probably the guy.

Also Brad, thanks for the rules explanation. I am left with the conclusion that Bo will get hired and Tom knows he has an advantage and is making use of it.

I also said I do not doubt Nebraska kids know who he is but out of state kids probably do not. At any rate...Sunday or Monday could be the day.
Sorry Randy,
I was only disagreeing with the importance of recruiting compared to naming the coach.
That is all.
HEY HAS ANYONE HEARD- ONE OF THE RADIO STATIONS SAID T O HIRED PELINI-anyone else hear this news????????????
Arlene just called me and told me that they are saying it on ESPN. I just started a new discussion about it.

Shayne
JUST A SUGGESTION IF YOU HAVNT READ THIS YOU SHOULD

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&KEY=&...

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Coming Soon to Husker Spot!

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service