Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Who Will be the new Head Coach After tomorrow???

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm gonna say Turner Gill. Osborne has been quoted as saying that he speakes with Turner on a weekly basis on the phone. Osborne was also Gill's best man in his wedding. I really think that Osborne will look to hire Gill. (at least I hope so!)
I also think it will be Turner Gill. Osborne did say earlier that he will not spend over 1 million per year for a new head coach. I really think Bo wants more than that for a head coaching job, and Gill would be very pleased with a million. I don't think thats the best choice but it is what it is.
Turner will certainly be contacted, but I don't know if he'd be the best fit. I don't think Osborne allows his friendships to define his decisions. Of course Turner is a great coach, but is he ready for the big time meat grinder here? If he comes and flops, then he is further alienated from his alma mater. Could be a big gamble. Where he is, he's building a program and in his second year has a team that has won as many as we did this year. I guess it depends on how much he has coaching the huskers in his blood. If its a dream, then doesn't really matter what the risks are. As Turner said, time will tell.
This coaching search is going to be quick. Bo has already been interviewed. Turner is next to be interviewed. I'm sure Brian Kelley will also be contacted along with Peterson.

Personally, I feel Brian Kelley might be the best choice for the job. I like his attitude and he's been successful everywhere he's been. Bo would be my second choice because of his fire. I don't feel Turner is ready to lead the Huskers.

Osborne will make the best decision possible for the program. I don't feel that his weekly conversations with Turner are any indication that he is going to be the next head coach. If you base your decision by whom TO calls, you better put Solich's name in the hat also, along with Bohl and McBride. At one time, Turner was the prodigal son, being groomed for the position by Osborne and then Solich. If Solich would have stayed, Turner would have eventually took over, but now the chain has been broken.

If money becomes an issue, Brian Kelley and Turner Gill would both fall into the required salary range. Bo may want to much, but remember, much of a coach's salary can be made up through personal endorsements, and Bo would be the most marketable because of his popularity.

Brian Kelley is also going to be a candidate for the Michigan job, which would then force a bidding war that we may not be able to afford. So we're back to Bo and Turner.

Let's face it, Leavitt is not leaving USF. Peterson is inventive at Boise State with the offense, but I don't feel would be given serious consideration. Once again, Bo or Turner.

My personal choice is Brian Kelley, but who will get the job? Turner or Bo, Bo or Turner. My heart says Bo, my mind says Turner.

I'll support whatever choice TO makes, he certainly knows more than I. TO, give Brian Kelley a call soon, before Michigan comes to town.

The next Nebraska coach.......................................................Turner Gill.

Keep the faith.

GBR
See i agree with you all on this Turner is a shoe in But I seriously Hope Bo takes the job cause i think he has what we need that spark.Plus he is a Defensive guy which will bring the Black Shirts Back....

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
247 Podcasts click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Throw the Bones T-shirts supporting the Goodfellows Charity Click here

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service