Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

See what happens when you open your mouth too soon & wonder why Ganz wasn't playing sooner? We now know why Keller was playing.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you serious? You obviously weren't watching the same game that I was. It looked very familiar, kind of like the A&M game. The first half we are playing good making good calls and then the second half comes and Clownahan takes over and trashes everything that was working in the first half. He didn't even remotely try to do anything that he did in the first half why? Probably because our former idiot coach screamed at him obviously for going over his head. Keller is a very good quarterback though, and will probably go to the next level and succeed, but not in this offense or this team. Ganz is the man for this type of offense if you argue with this then you really don't watch the whole game. No offense, but pay closer attention to the details before making comments like that.
Wow guys. I don't think Ganz did that bad. I was on the Ganz band wagon because he wasn't brought to Nebraska for one year only.
Give Ganz a chance, he didn't play that much this season and what I saw against Kansas State, he did an awesome job. The damage to the team was done by then. The defense is what killed the Colorado game and all the other games that they played. It could have been worse if it wasn't for our offense in the other games. I personally was not that impressed with Keller. Yes he is good but not that great , but I can't help but believe that his atttitude might have not gelled with the other players. Remember Arizona State didn't want him back as starting quarterback. Then he came here and all of a sudden he became the golden boy for Callahan.
Ganz was great. Keller was also really great, but he is a better fit for a drop back passing offense. With Nebraska paying lip service to the run, Sam was never quite in his comfort zone. I feel kind of bad for both of these guys because Callahan's play calling was idiotic, one-dimensional, and was the secondary reason why NU lost to Colorado.

The defense, or lack thereof, was the primary reason. Thankfully, we've seen the last of Big Ten Psuedo High School-level, feet-heavier-than-lead Defense. Thank Kevin Cosgrove for making our guys play like eleven amputees.

Defense wins championships...but it also loses games when it goes bad, and this year, it went bad. Very bad. But it wasn't just this year. Cosgrove's defense was a serious downgrade from day one, but some years he got luckier than others.

I thought Sam did remarkably well, considering his circumstances. I thought Ganz really came a long way in one season. During the spring game, Keller was clearly more consistent, but today, right now, Ganz has moved ahead. I seriously doubt if Joe will be challenged for the starting spot next fall, but you never know; there's always someone waiting for their shot. I really think Sam could do well in the NFL. He'll need lots of development, Lord only knows he got zero here, but that shouldn't be a problem.
I still think Ganz is a good quarterback who can use his feet to get out of bad spots that Keller struggled with. Keller is a good QB but Ganz did put up 39, 73, and 51 points in consecutive weeks.
I am a huge Ganz fan. Reason : He has been with the team for 3 years. He wasn't flown in for one year with the hopes of a huge ticket tape parade and a free ride to the pro's. The kid has earned his appearance on the field. Now don't get me wrong, Keller was good in his own right. I am not putting him down in any way. With no defense out there, no amount of offense is going to win games.

With that said, Ganz has done a fantastic job. When things go good the glory is shared by the receivers and the quarterback. When things go bad --the quarterback stands alone. Going by the after game interview... his shoulders are strong enough to take it.
YEA I MO BC PROMISED HIM HE WOULD BE THE STARTING QB WHICH LEFT GANZ ON THE BENCH. I ALSO BELIEVE THAT KELLER DID HIS BEST.

BLACKSHIRTSFOREVER.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Coming Soon to Husker Spot!

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service