Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

After the Huskers smoked K State last Sat., Grixby says -

“I lost my breath going off the field. The celebrating and jumping on me about killed me,” Grixby said, smiling. “I told them, I’m only about 170 pounds. Leave me alone."

I think his TD return definitely sparked our success. The players were fired up and the fans were really got into the game then - if they weren't already. Nonetheless, it seemed like everybody (all the Huskers) showed up to play against K State.

You can read more about our much needed win here.

Anybody think Grixby is a first round candidate for the NFL?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've always thought that he has the heart to play in the NFL, but his size is the issue that a lot of scouts will be looking at. I'd say 4th or 5th round at best.
He's a fantastic athlete with plenty of talent, we'll see what happens at combine time.
Congrats to Grixby. He was so close several times this season to breaking one, and he finally got it. Although Grixby gets a lot of the credit, we must also send congrats to the entire kick off return team. Grixby just used his God given talent, and the blocks of his teammates. How fitting the little man from Omaha that has been through so much sparks an entire stadium, bringing Husker Nation back to life.

To me, this was the play of the game. It appeared that the energy level of the defense, and offense really picked up after his return. Although the defense played well at times, they still made plenty of mistakes and gave up big plays. The important thing though is they made mistakes out of aggression not complacency.

I would be surprised if Grixby is drafted at all. Although he has a heart of gold, his size will hold him back in the NFL scouts' eyes. I wouldn't be surprised though if he made an NFL roster as an undrafted free-agent because of his special teams skills.

By that's just my opinion.

Keep the faith.

GBR

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
247 Podcasts click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Throw the Bones T-shirts supporting the Goodfellows Charity Click here

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service